To ensure a proper level of security and safety for all attending the festival, particularly those who are under 18, we have introduced a Youth Policy which forms part of our Conditions of Entry for both the event and campground areas. This policy is in line with several other events around the country.
- All minors aged 15 and under must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult at the Entry gates (or they may be refused entry) and at all times whilst at the festival or campgrounds.
- Children aged 11 and under are admitted free and must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian at the Entry agates and at all times whilst at the festival or campgrounds. Those aged 12 or older must buy a ticket.
- A parent or guardian may accompany a maximum of 3 patrons aged 15 or under.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure that all youth patrons accompanying them comply with instructions issued by festival staff and/or contained in all permanent and temporary signage throughout the festival site.
- 16 and 17 year olds DO NOT need to be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian (unless they are camping on site, in which case they must have an adult in their camping group).
- Patrons under the age of 18 must not engage in any illegal or disruptive activities whilst on site. This includes underage drinking, use of illicit substances or any generally disruptive behaviour.
- Any breach of the these conditions may result in the eviction of the parent/guardian and all accompanying minors from the festival site.
- While it is not our preference for an 18 year old to be in charge of minors accompanying them at the festival or in the campground, in the eyes of the law an 18 year old is classified as an adult.
- Responsible adults with minors in their care should note that they will not be able to enter bars or licensed areas on site with the minors in their company.
- Anyone who is considering being the nominated adult in such circumstances should consider this responsibility very carefully.
- The festival may require adults and minors to sign an "Accompanied Minor Form" so that in the event of an incident we will have details on record.
- For Under-18s who don’t have a driver's license (Learner's Permit) or a current, valid passport, we will also accept a copy of your birth certificate PLUS one of the following:
- Student ID Card
- Bus Pass
- Bank Account Statement in your name