PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT SPLENDOUR IN THE GRASS
This information should be read in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions printed on your ticket and on our website. Please see here for Terms and Conditions.
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION – GENERAL EVENT
- 3 Day Event Tickets permit entry to the Splendour in the Grass 2023 festival at Ngarindjin / North Byron Parklands, on Wed 19 July (campers only), Thu 20 July – Sun 23 July 2023 (inclusive). Event Operational Times: Thu 9am-midnight (Non-campers must use Splendour bus shuttles from Byron Bay or Brunswick Heads. See timetable for details closer to the event), Fri-Sun 9am-2am.
- 3 Day Event Tickets do not permit entry to the Venue Campgrounds unless the Ticketholder also purchases a 2023 Camping Ticket.
- Single Day Event Tickets Permit entry to the Splendour in the Grass 2023 festival at Ngarindjin / North Byron Parklands, on the specified day on the ticket – Fri 21 July or Sat 22 July or Sun 23 July 2023. Event Operational Times: 9am-2am.
- Don’t forget to bring your valid Photo ID and your Event ticket.
- Venues commence from 11am. Main stages finish by midnight on Fri/Sat/Sun, although eateries, bars and other attractions may remain open until 2am each night.
- Those who hold a 3 Day Event Ticket (but NOT a Camping Ticket as well) may enter the site on Thursday, only if they arrive by bus (from Byron Bay or Brunswick Heads. See timetable for details closer to the event), NOT by private vehicle as the Venue Day Car Park is not open that day.
- Single Day Tickets are only valid for entry to the Event on the day and date specified on the Event ticket.
- If you’re travelling to the festival in a private vehicle, make sure you have the appropriate vehicle pass and that you understand the conditions attached to bringing a vehicle to the Venue’s Day Car Park areas. Vehicle passes will be available for sale via moshtix.com.au closer to the Event. See festival website for more information.
- Please be patient when arriving at or departing from the festival. Lots of people will be trying to come and go at the same time which could result in some unavoidable delays, especially at the end of the night.
- If SITG is to offer a ticket return, name change or resale facility, they will confirm via their newsletter. Please sign up to get the latest news.
- Carpooling, public transport and festival shuttle bus services are great ways to help the environment, reduce traffic congestion and make new road trip friends.
- Make sure you know what you CANNOT bring into the festival – check the Banned Items list on our website here.
- The No Large Bag Policy will be enforced in the Event area.
- Do not remove your wristband until the festival has ended. Lost wristbands will not be replaced.
- The Amphitheatre is an open-air stage, with Mix Up and GW McLennan stages being indoor ‘big top’ style tents.
- Official merchandise is only on sale via official Splendour in the Grass channels – respect the artists and do not buy bootleg products.
- Children aged 12 and under are admitted FREE. At the festival entrance, parents/guardians will need to provide proof of a child’s age such as a school bus pass or similar. See our Youth Policy page for more details here.
- Cloakroom and lockers will be available.
- Bring sunscreen, insect repellent, a hat, warm winter clothing or a raincoat if the weather indicates.
- Bring any medication you may need such as asthma inhalers, analgesic for headaches etc.
- Please wear enclosed footwear (not thongs) at all times at the Venue. Our First Aid team wastes too much time treating avoidable, minor foot injuries such as cuts, stubbed toes, bruises and blisters. BYO Band-Aids for blisters.
- First Aid facilities will be available in several locations around the Event site. Go to those areas for assistance.
- Avoid dehydration – drink plenty of water and electrolytes.
- Pace yourself to make sure you enjoy your time with us, whether it is for 1, 2 or 3 days (4 if you come along on Thursday night).
- Drink responsibly. People who are intoxicated will not be served alcohol.
- There will be a wide range of food options available on site, from seated eateries to food stalls.
- Travel safely. Organise a designated driver. On the highway, take regular breaks and don’t drive if you’re tired or intoxicated. Do NOT walk to Ngarindjin / North Byron Parklands or along Tweed Valley Way or the Pacific Motorway. It is illegal for pedestrians to walk along the motorway.
- Once at the Venue, please use designated pathways. Onsite forest blocks and adjacent nature reserves are strictly out of bounds.
- Look out for your friends and fellow patrons.
- If at any time you feel your safety, or anyone else’s safety is threatened, please contact the nearest security guard or event staff.
- There will be a Patron Safety Hotline that you can call regarding safety, medical or security matters. This number will be on display around the Event site and Venue Campgrounds.
- Police will be present at the event. Drug detection dogs will also be in attendance.
- Police will be conducting roadside breath-testing and drug-testing on nearby roads.
- Follow the directions of Event staff and security personnel at all times.
- Please respect our neighbours, the town’s residents, and the local environment.
- Please don’t drop ciggie butts on the ground. BIN IT! Help keep the festival litter free!
- Recycling and composting facilities will be located throughout the Venue. Please dispose of waste correctly where possible.
- Have a great weekend!
RESPECT OUR NEIGHBOURS
- Respect the local community and environment.
- Do not enter the nearby nature reserve.
- Don’t camp in unauthorised locations, especially in nearby streets and roadsides, parking lots, land etc. Council Rangers will be issuing fines – maximum penalty exceeds $1,000 (Section 632 Local Government act 1993).
- If walking in residential areas, please keep the noise down.
- Use your accommodation as a place to sleep, NOT to party. Your neighbours need to rest. Complaints may lead to you being evicted from your accommodation with no refund.
- Don’t be a TOSSER – use rubbish bins or hold onto any rubbish until you find a bin.
- Please use public toilets. When travelling to and from the festival plan ahead so you don’t get caught short, or your shorts caught!
- Avoid the centre of Byron Bay late at night – there isn’t much open, there is no public transport (other than festival buses), and taxis are in short supply.
- Expect random breath-testing for alcohol and drugs. The same laws of the land apply here as elsewhere when it comes to drink-driving and use of illegal substances.
- If you drive to the event, you must use the Venue car parks. Do NOT park on nearby roadsides. Special Event traffic restrictions apply. Minimum Fines of $206 apply for illegal parking will be enforced.
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION – VIP VILLAGE
- 3 Day VIP Village Event Tickets permit entry to the Splendour in the Grass 2023 festival at Ngarindjin / North Byron Parklands, on Wed 19 July (campers only), Thu 20 July – Sun 23 July 2023 (inclusive). Event Operational Times: Thu 9am-midnight (Non-campers must use Splendour bus shuttles from Byron Bay or Brunswick Heads. See timetable for details closer to the event), Fri-Sun 9am-2am.
- 3 Day VIP Village Event Tickets do not permit entry to the Venue Campgrounds unless the Ticketholder also purchases a 2023 Camping Ticket.
- Single Day VIP Village Event Tickets permit entry to the Splendour in the Grass 2023 festival at North Byron Parklands, on the specified day on the ticket – Fri 21 July or Sat 22 July or Sun 23 July 2023. Event Operational Times: 9am-2am.
- Upon arrival, please go to the lane marked VIP Village for scanning and wristbanding. Please note that your bar-coded ticket will only scan once. You will need to provide valid 18+ photo ID to match the name printed on your ticket upon entry.
- All VIP Village Upgrade tickets must accompany a valid 2023 Splendour in the Grass Event Ticket with a matching name and date of birth on it. VIP Village upgrade tickets are not valid for entry on their own.
- You will receive your VIP Village wristband at the main festival entry upon entering through the dedicated VIP Village access lanes.
VIP VILLAGE & GOLDEN VIEW DETAILS
- The VIP Village is located in the Event area. The Golden View is located at the back of the Amphitheatre. The Golden View will be open during Amphitheatre operational hours Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
- The VIP Village and Golden View are fully licensed, and all VIP Village ticket holders must be 18 years of age or over. Minors may enter The VIP Village and Golden View areas in the company of a VIP Village ticketholder but must be under the direct supervision and in the immediate company of a Responsible Adult (subject to licence conditions).
- Still cameras are permitted in the VIP Village and Golden View areas. Moving cameras are NOT permitted.
- Please do not hassle our staff to get friends or partners without a VIP Village ticket into the VIP Village or Golden View. Anyone guilty of this or any other sort of misbehaviour in either venue will have their wristband removed and will not be allowed to re-enter the premises.
- Space is limited in the Golden View area and not guaranteed if the venue is at capacity. Entry is on a first in basis, so get in quick!
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION - CAMPGROUNDS
- Camping Tickets permit entry to the Splendour in the Grass 2023 Camping area at Ngarindjin / North Byron Parklands, in combination with a 3 Day Event Ticket only. The camping areas at the Venue are open from 9am Wed 19 July until 5pm Mon 24 July 2023. Camping Ticketholders will be admitted to the Venue Campgrounds between 9am – 10pm on Wed 19 July, 7am – 10pm Thu 20 and Fri 21 July, and from 8am – 8pm on Sat 22 and Sun 23 July 2023.
- One (1) Camping Ticket per person.
- Please don’t arrive outside of the campground operating times as we will not have staff available to admit you into the Venue campgrounds and car parks during those hours.
- All private vehicles entering the Venue campgrounds areas MUST have a valid vehicle pass purchased in advance via moshtix.com.au. Vehicle passes are on sale now. All information can be found here.
- Allow ample time for your departure on Monday from the Venue campgrounds and car parks, as lengthy delays of up to 4 hours are expected. If you have a flight to catch ensure you prepare to depart with plenty of time, as no responsibility will be accepted by the Event for missed flights.
- Vehicle and bag searches will be conducted at the vehicle processing area prior to entering the Venue campgrounds.
- Due to space limitations your camp setup has to be minimal – overly
elaborate campsites are not permitted. No couches & large furniture
items are allowed.
- The campgrounds are located in close proximity to the festival entertainment precinct.
- Once parked, your vehicle cannot be moved again until you depart the
festival. Please use the festival shuttle buses if you wish to leave the
- There is no drop off or pick up allowed at the Splendour site.
- Festival shuttle buses will run Fri – Sun between the festival site and
surrounding locations including Ocean Shores, Brunswick Heads and Byron Bay & surrounds.
Kirra, and Tweed Coast. Ballina, Alstonville, Lismore to Bangalow. Fares apply. See timetable for details here.
- A General Store will be available on site for basic supplies.
- Food stalls will be operating in the campgrounds from Wednesday, and will operate through until Monday afternoon.
- If you want to camp alongside friends, you must arrive at the same time.
- Campsites will be allocated by Splendour staff. You cannot save campsite space next to yours for friends arriving later.
- Campervans up to 7.5m and caravans up to 6m in length are OK. Anyone
intending to bring motorhomes or caravans larger than this will need to
check with us first via [email protected]. You MUST pre-purchase the appropriate Vehicle Pass for these vehicles.
- Any drop-offs of caravans or camper trailers will require advance notice via [email protected]
- Make sure you know what you cannot bring into the campgrounds – check the banned items on our website here. Pay special attention to the restrictions on fires, naked flames, and flammable items.
- There will be designated marshals in your camp area who will be available to help you or answer general questions about the campgrounds.
- If at any time you feel your safety or anyone else’s safety is threatened,
contact the nearest security guard or camping marshal.
- There will be a Patron Safety Hotline that you can call regarding safety,
medical or security matters. This number will be on display around the Event site and Venue campgrounds.
- First aid facilities will be available. Campsites are not powered.
- Toilets and warm showers will be located throughout the campgrounds.
- Please respect the site and your fellow campers. Any unruly behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in your removal from the site, and you will not be entitled to any refund.
- No noise permitted in the campground between midnight and 8am. This is a designated quiet period for the benefit of both local residents and campers.
- Look out for your friends and fellow campers.
- Leave valuables at home or lock them in your car. Don’t leave them in or
around your tent. Report any suspicious behaviour to your area marshal or security.
- Follow the directions of campground staff and security personnel at all
- Please respect our neighbours, local residents and the local environment.
- The neighbouring nature reserve and forest blocks on site are sensitive
environments that are out of bounds.
- Don’t drop ciggie butts on the ground. BIN IT! Help keep your campground litter free.
- Recycling and composting facilities will be available throughout the Venue in the entertainment area and campgrounds. Please dispose of waste correctly where possible.
- A Family Camping Ticket provides access for each ticket holder to a family friendly camping area, The Meadow, located within the general campgrounds. Children aged 12 and under are admitted free and must be accompanied by a responsible parent or adult guardian at all times whilst at the festival or campgrounds.
- Every person staying at the Family Campground requires a 2023 Family Camping Ticket. Family Camping Tickets are one ticket per person for those
aged 13 years and over.
- Car-pooling and public transport are great ways to help the environment, reduce traffic congestion and make new road trip friend9